Thursday 7 January 2010

Articulated Nicely...

One day, I rang my parents, as usual, to see if they wanted anything from the shops.


“Oh thanks love, “ said my Mum “but we’ve been to that new Asda today and we nearly got killed!”


She sounded quite shaken, and not much shook my Mum up.


“Tell me then, what happened…?”


“Well, you know you get to those lights at the retail park and you have to turn right into the park…”



“Yes…” says I.



“..so, your Dad goes to turn the car across the road and all of a sudden this great big Huguenot shoots the lights and nearly gets us. We hit the kerb!”



Did you get a vision of a very large Frenchman, complete with string of onions, tearing across the road……? I think she may have meant ‘juggernaught’

2 comments:

  1. I think I would have dearly loved your mother! Read all your posts ... one better than the next. I'm so glad you decided to do this. hugs to you, eisey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're enjoying them Ei! LOL!
    Hugs,
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete